Before leaving your child with a babysitter be sure they have the following information:
- Your full name, address, home phone, cell phone and work phone
- Each child’s name, age, height, weight, and a list of ALLERGIES
- Emergency contact numbers including 911 and Poison Control 1-800-222-1222
- Where you will be and when you are expected to return home
- People to call if you can’t be reached
- Any special instructions (bedtime rituals, favorite activities or snack)
The American Red Cross provides a Babysitter Training Course that includes First Aid. Know whom you are leaving your children with and their skill level. You want someone who is mature, responsible and able to think through situations with good reasoning skills and without panic.